Tuesday, May 01, 2007

How Rude.

I just got a phone call.  "Hello." "Click."  WTF?  I hit the call history and look at the number.  It rings again in a couple seconds.  Same number.  By now I'm looking at the reverse phone number lookup results online.  York, PA huh?  "Hello." "I'm sorry, I have the wrong number. Click."  "..."  Alright, you dialed the wrong number, twice now, but you don't have to act like I have some kind of phone plague that can be transmitted through cell towers.  Chat me up a little, tell me an amusing story.  I feel like this could be an exercise to help ice breaking skills and general telephone cordiality.  Once a week hit ten numbers on the keypad and when the receiver lifts on the other end ask for someone.  Chances are he won't be there, but don't just hang up.  Fight that incredibly awkward feeling inside and have an amusing little exchange.  Make up a story about an escaped monkey or ask their preference as if they were settling a raging debate in your living room.  Come on folks, you can do better than "Click."

No comments: