Monday, December 10, 2007

Fashionable Shackles.

Holy crap!  Is this why women can't drive?  Wait, let me rephrase that.  Is this why there's a stereotype that women are sub-par drivers?  I mean, come on.  You know about it.  Its a pretty standard chauvinistic claim.

Lets first acknowledge that that there are many competent female drivers.  But is part of the reason women get lumped together because of their shoes?  Its common knowledge that almost all women wear stupid shoes.  And when I think, it makes perfect sense and I can't believe I never saw the correlation before.

Look at all the clogs and heels and boots and other very nice but totally impractical foot wear that's tottering around you.  If my heel were 2 inches farther away from the pedals I bet I'd have a harder time with the fine control of a car too.  And in fact, I drove my car wearing my dress shoes for the first time recently and the leather soles were slippery as a mofo on that clutch pedal.

What do you think?  Is this a contributing factor?  No traction, compromising angle, uncomfortable...  Hell, I wouldn't drive a mile in those things, let alone walk.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's not the driving -- it's the cobblestones that are a killer!