Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I Don't Wanna Model It By Hand.

While I'm thinking of automation and recognition, Google should hop on the interpreted 3d model bandwagon. You know about Google Earth. You know about SketchUp. Both of which are really cool, and when you combine the two into the 3D Warehouse and have an open community populating a global structure database things get wild. But lets say that Google were to buy and present a program that takes several pictures of a building and, after designating a few key regions, will make a textured 3D model all by itself. That sounds , dare I say it, even easier than making things in SketchUp. And its not as far fetched as you might think. There are several different projects on creating spatially referenced data from images.

Update
Oh, by the way, Blogger beta is getting to be a pain in my ass. See, beta runs on your Google account, which at this point is unassociated with your Blogger account. So when I hit up Blogger it automatically signs me in because I'm using Gmail and Gcal and Gmaps and Writely and Spreadsheets and Analytics and Page creator and Picasa web albums. But that account has never heard of Daily Placebo before and I have to sign out and back in with my old Blogger account. And to complicate things, its the SAME USER NAME as my google account, just a different password. And since forefox saves and auto completes my passwords, I never know which screen I'm going to get. Confusing I know. Sorry, I'm just getting a little frayed. So all you Google guys who read this, could you hurry and fix me up? Don't worry about a massive account update; I'm all about make-you-feel-special exclusiveness.

No comments: