Friday, August 18, 2006

Idiot@ThisIsNotAnAolAddress.net

Oh no. For as much as I bash AOL, it does have its purposes. For instance identifying and containing the people that have no business on the Internet. But AOL is making itself less useful as it lets them escape its walled garden. Next month they'll be offering free email services wherein users can specify their own .net or .com domain and add other users. I've already got this through Google, but that's cause I've registered a couple domains. Does this mean that AOL is going to front that cost? Does it also mean that a huge number of perfectly good domains will be claimed by slacker know-nothings? This exactly like when I scream "Get off my road" at a terrible driver. Yes, they do actually have a right to use the road, just as long as they don't jam it up like a moron.

No comments: