Monday, August 14, 2006

Desert Pete.

Yeah, I'm back from my reprieve. And no, the airport security wasn't terribly out of control. Course I was there an ass-crack and a half early, so it may have turned into pandelerium after I was through. I would however just like to comment on how ridiculous this ban on fluids is. It is ridiculous. Very. You can't take any liquids through security (except for some). But you can buy them or use the water fountains in the terminal. But you can't take any on the plane. Unless the boarding agents don't see them. Yeah, this is a super policy that is increasing the safety of flights. Lookit, airport security is just about the illusion of security anyway, lets not delude ourselves. I was delighted when I got home to see a Daily Show on this very topic, which was exactly what I needed to turn my fuming into chuckling. Thank you Daily Show, you're probably the reason I haven't died from stroke or highblood pressure yet. And for a bonus clip, check out Colbert and Stewart sticking it to Geraldo and o'Reilly. That's good squishy. Now if you'll excuse my I'm going back to my Kingston Trio album.

No comments: