Thursday, August 31, 2006

Lies In Sheep's Clothing.

TechDirt has an article about the RIAA and MPAA spreading their own "truth" through the guise of education. A while ago the MPAA sent a bunch of partisans into schools to spread the "its stolen if you didn't pay for it" philosophy. Super, but now the RIAA is following suit and plans to send a video to colleges to get all those theiving bastards under control.

How the hell do they plan on getting college students to sit down and watch to that crap? Will it be an in-class lecture? Cause I'm pretty sure I'd be pissed off if they wasted my time and money like that. And you know me, I never get pissed off. The video is pretty heavy on scare tactics. 'Just look at all these people we've screwed with lawsuits. It could be you.' That's the only reason I can imagine colleges requesting this video, to avoid lawsuits.

I think we should take the same action that I used in college to drive AOL out of business. Taking their discs and never watching them. You can glue them to the wall or play frisbee golf with them. (cds fly surprisingly far when thrown properly) Head over to their site and order your dvd copy today. You'll have to mascarade as a college to get one, so I guess I'll have to watch "Accepted" to do some research.

Techdirt: RIAA Following MPAA's Lead In Brainwashing Kids

No comments: